Since I'm Cuban it's FuFu for me. And although not as tasty as the fried version of my Purto Rican friends, this is a little leaner, I think????
3 Green Plaintains (peeled and cut into small pieces).
1 Yellow Plaintain (not riped- peeled and cut into small pieces)
1 Medium Onion (Diced)
1 lb - Chicharon (Pork Grinds) --- (You can substitute masitas de cerdo fritas with mojo - friend pork chucks with mojo- recipe coming soon)
4 to 6 garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 Olive Oil
1. In a saucepan, cover plantains with lightly salted, cold water and bring to a boil.
2. Cook until plantains are soft (about 10 to 15 minutes).
3. Drain and mash the plantains. Set aside.
4. In a frying pan, add the olive oil sauté the diced onion and chopped garlic . Continue sautéing for about 5 minutes. Set aside and add the juice of the 2 limes5. chop the chicharon/pork chunks.
6. Fold all the ingredients together and thoroughly mixed. Transfer to a dish, cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
You can serve it just like this, with Bacalao a la viscaina (I will work on this recipe soon) or like I did here with Vaca Frita.
***I did this one with macitas fritas. I just had a Root Canal I the dentist must of read my mind because the first food he mentioned that I could not eat was mofungo (he is Puerto Rican). I wanted to cry, so me being my ingenious self always thinking how to solve the problem at hand I cheated, I stopped at El Palacio del Jugo and bought one pound of already made masitas fritas and a little mojo. It was scrumptious