Recipe was inspired by Rachel Ray, but I twinged it a bit.
* 1/4 cup Olive oil, for frying.
* 1 1/3 to 2 pounds chicken tenders
* Salt, garlic powder and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 egg whites and one whole egg beaten with a splash of milk or water
* 1 cup Homemade bread crumbs. (Wheat English Muffins or WhiteWheat)
* 1 cup walnuts, processed in food processor to finely chop
* 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated or ground
* 1 lemon, zested
Heat 1 1/2 to 2 inches of oil over medium high heat. Season chicken tenders with salt, garlic powder and pepper. Set out 3 shallow dishes. Place flour in 1 dish, eggs beaten with water or milk in a second. In the third dish, combine bread crumbs with ground walnuts, nutmeg and lemon zest. Coat tenders in batches in flour, then egg, then bread crumb mixture. Fry tenders in small batches 6 to 7 minutes. Drain tenders on paper towels.
(I place them on a cookie rack to drain, also the oil may get brown if you feel there are too many bread crumbs and the oil is burning just trow away that oil a put new one in, this only happens when you make large badges)